Friday, February 29, 2008

Spring/Summer programe

Summer Programme.

March/April, surveying and geophysics/ recording work, at Parham, and Slindon plus, Saddlescoombe farm.

May 24th – 26th inclusive. Site, Parham medieval village.

June, Beedings, date to be announced, possible over a period of 2/3 weeks.

June /July surveying/ recording , Moot mound, Gumber airfield site, plus various other sites on the Slindon estate, including Round Barrows.

Stane Street, at Gumber farm end to be recorded, this is to compare the damage by Badgers, since last survey two years ago.

August.16th / 31st, Blacksmiths Corner, continuation of last year’s excavation, Roman site.

Please make note of above dates, and please let me know the dates you are able to attend, as far as you can.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello.I am Dr.Sadakatsu Kunitake ; an archaeological reserch fellow of Japanese university. Now I am watching your web site in Japan.I respect your steady work.
Now I have been resrching an obsidian minig site of paleolithic age in Japan. And relevant to my study, I will visit to Cissbury Ring , Church Hill site and other flint mining sites on March 8th. But I can not have information about Church Hill site and Harrow Hill; exact location and so on.
I am very appreciate if you teach me some information. My e-mail adress is sadakatsu@mtj.biglobe.ne.jp.
I will stay in Worthing,from March 6th to 9th,in Heenefieldsd Guest House (98 Heene Road, Worthing, West Suseex, BN11 3RE, phone 01903538780).